- A small child in a stroller was crying, took one look at me, and immediately stopped crying. I waved at the baby and smiled, and they started to laugh.
- On a trip to Disney World, the people running the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular asked for volunteers, and called for “the girl with the kinda…pinkish hair?” It was me.
- Little girls have run up to me in the grocery store to tell me that their favorite color was pink and that they loved my hair.
- An old woman in the middle of Dundee, Scotland approached my best friend Claire and I to tell us that our hair was perfect. We agreed.
- Many more old women have looked at me with disgust, but that’s their problem.
- I feel whole.