2010 is finally at its close. Unlike 2009, which was an absolutely abysmal year for me, 2010 was pretty bangin’. I do have quite a bit more work to do in 2011, and hope to continue slightly more prolific postings here at TT. Thank you all for your continued readership, even amidst the hop from the BLAG over to this eclectic mess of a blog.
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Oh golly, I did a lot! I went to Vermont, learned how to cook, went mountain biking, went to the gym on a regular basis…2010 was a pretty okay year.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t do the whole “New Year’s Resolution” thing, but I did make a goal and tried to keep it in mind. I did lose a decent amount of weight and kept my health in check for the year I was without health insurance. Next year’s goals involve learning to include more fruits and veggies in my diet and training for a 5K.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope, no births this year.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My great-uncle passed away in late September.
5. What countries did you visit?
Scotland! I can’t wait to go back and visit Claire again. It was absolutely lovely.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Hey, financial responsibilty, nice to see you!
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
No particular dates stand out in my mind, honestly.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Losing 60ish pounds was a pretty big accomplishment, I must admit.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not finishing my thesis on time. I’ll be finishing a year late, which sucks but you know, as long as I get it done, no worries.
10. Did you suffer any illness or injury?
Other than slight colds, no. Being uninsured, I really had to look out for everything.
11. What was the best thing someone bought you?
I’m not a very gift-oriented person. If I had to pick the one I got the most use out of, it’d probably be the new hiking boots my dad got me.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Anyone who kept themselves sane this year.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
It’s highly likely that I have blocked those memories from my mind so that I don’t have to remember them.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Food, probably. And rent. Oh god, rent.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Moving out, going camping, the new Jimmy Eat World album, Tron: Legacy.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Radiohead’s “Karma Police.”
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) Happier or sadder? Much, much happier.
b) Fatter or skinnier? Arbitrary, but considerably skinnier.
c) Richer or poorer? lol may as well just throw me in the poor house.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Sitting around. There’s so much to accomplish in the world, why waste it doing nothing?
20. How do you plan to spend Christmas?
We visited my aunt and uncle for some roast beef and rice pudding, not simultaneously, but in that order.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
I did. It was unexpected but it is beautiful.
22. How many one night stands?
23. What was your favourite TV program?
I always liked when Bones was on at the gym because it is always amusing.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nah. Hate’s not cool.
25. What was the best book you read?
I am currently chugging my way through “Eating the Dinosaur” by Chuck Klosterman and I love him.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery of the year?
Radiohead. I KNOW I GOT ON THE BANDWAGON HELLA LATE, GOSH.
27. What did you want and get?
None of your bees-wax.
28. What did you want and not get?
A decent job.
29. What was your favourite film of this year?
TRON: LEGACY FOREVER.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
24, and…uh…I’m pretty sure I was at school and did nothing the whole day.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Finishing my thesis.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
33. What kept you sane?
My good friends, family, and Gerald. (That’s my betta fish.)
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Jeff Bridges has secured a nice little place in my heart this year.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Climate change, as usual.
36. Who do you miss?
I miss the friendship of a certain person, but with how things turned out, I doubt there will be any repairing that.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
All the N_D girls have been absolutely fabulous and I’m glad to have them in my life.
38. What was the best thing you ate?
I developed an unhealthy obsession with red velvet cupcakes.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010?
As my mom always says, “Never give up – never surrender!” (I think that’s actually a GalaxyQuest quote but hush.)
That’s it for this year, folks. Stay tuned!